Rules and Policies Sept 13, 2012 1:48:17 GMT -5
Post by Administrator on Sept 13, 2012 1:48:17 GMT -5
OUR SITE RULES AND POLICIES
It is imperative that our members be aware of the following concrete and non-negotiable policies:
- First and foremost, PLEASE check to see if the book(s) you are looking for have already been loaded! If they have, but it is a broken link/dead link, then please PM THE ORIGINAL UPLOADER! If you haven't heard from the original uploader within one week, you may then post a new request. **NOTE: be sure to comment that you have not heard back from the original uploader** By doing this, you can ensure that the old post is removed/replaced by a new upload.
- Please verify that the book(s) that you are looking for are not on our Author Requested Removals. If it is, don't bother; we won't upload it again.
- We have a request template for all of your requests. If you don't use the template, the request will be deleted.
- All requests must be placed into separate posts, unless you are requesting a series of books. If you are looking for 2 or more books that are not part of series, each book must be made in it's own post. This makes it easier to determine which books have been uploaded and which have not, as we move the posts into a different section once the request is filled.
- Do not make duplicate requests for the same book(s). If someone has asked for a book(s) that you want, too, then please reply to the post with the single word 'bump'. That way, it moves the request up towards the top and will get noticed again. If a duplicate request is made, the post will be deleted.
- Any and all requests made for pornography of ANY kind will be deleted. If a request for pornography involving children is found, it will be reported to the proper authorities, the post deleted and the member banned.
- Once a request is filled, the book(s) are moved into the Archives. If you're looking for something, please browse/search this section before asking for it to be uploaded.
- If you find a dead link/broken link, please PM THE ORIGINAL UPLOADER. If you haven't heard from the original uploader within one week, you may then post a new request. **NOTE: be sure to comment that you have not heard back from the original uploader** By doing this, you can ensure that the old post is removed/replaced by a new upload.
- We ask that you do not broadcast all over the internet that we are here.
- Please do not direct link to our posts. If you would like to share the bounty, then please refer whomever to our site to join or download the book(s) and host them elsewhere.
- We offer you the possibility to download a free version of your requested books. Like many, we believe that culture should be free and we give you access to thousands of books even if you can't afford to pay for them. It is an opinion not unlike utilizing a library. However, we also offer you the possibility to buy them directly from various websites.
Should an author come across their work(s) on this board and request that it be removed, it will be, IMMEDIATELY. A Master List of author requested removals will be listed under Group Information. If the book is on there, don't bother requesting it again. It defeats the purpose of being asked to remove it if it's just put back up. There are many other sites out there don't have any scruples; we're sure you can find the book there.
Please be respectful of other members. If any harassment is witnessed, please contact an admininstrator or moderator immediately. It won't be tolerated and depending on the nature of the harassment, it could result in banning from the group.
The rules and policies are in place to keep this a place to come and enjoy yourself. If you have any issues, please contact us!